A birthday is such a special day. It’s the one day of the year where we get to truly celebrate the little person that our child is growing into. That’s why planning a birthday party takes some thought.
I find that if you pick a theme, it helps to keep the plans from getting scattered and gives you something to work with when you are buying or creating things for the party.
If you have a little pirate on your hands, DisneyJunior.ca has done the work for you! Check out this super cool Jack and the Neverland Pirate birthday plan: Pirate Party
Or you could give these themes a try:
There are so many ways you can go with this party. You could:
• Do Karaoke, play rock band, or have an air guitar competition.
• Have your guests design their own guitar out of Bristol board.
• Ask permission to use spray colour in your guests’ hair and do their make up for an added “rock star” element.
Cake: A guitar shaped cake would be cool, but you could also get an image of their favourite rock star on a regular cake. Most grocery stores have the capability to scan images onto cakes.
Loot Bags: Glow in the dark necklaces, dollar store star shaped sunglasses, temporary tattoos.
So many fun ideas here too:
• Have your guests come dressed as their favourite princess.
• Decorate your front door so it feels like they are entering a castle.
• Announce each princess as she enters the party “Presenting Princess Rebecca.”
• Have “tea” with fancy tea cups and plates.
• Have each guest design their own crown using construction paper and glitter or beads.
Cakes: There are many princess cakes available at grocery stores, or you could bake cupcakes and top each one with a plastic princess ring. It’s a treat and a treasure!
Loot Bags: costume jewelry, tiaras, candy necklaces, ring pops.
Fire Fighter Party
This one could be very cool!
• Buy plastic fire fighter helmets for each guest.
• Create an obstacle course in your back yard and have your guest save a stuffed kitten from a play climber.
• Draw a house on fire on your driveway using chalk, let your guests use water guns or hoses to put out the flames.
• Talk to your local fire department to see if they will come by with a fire truck for your guests to tour.
Cakes: A cake shaped like a fire truck, Dalmatian, or firemen’s hat would be great.
Loot Bags: Check the dollar store for plastic fire fighter badges, a Hot Wheels fire truck, fire truck stickers.
Teddy Bears’ Picnic Party
Who doesn’t love a picnic?
• Have each guest bring their favourite teddy bears (be sure to have extras in case someone forgets.)
• Set up a picnic area in your backyard or at a local park.
• Pack a picnic basket with your party treats.
Cakes: A bear shaped cake would be perfect, or cupcakes with bear faces on them.
Loot Bags: A mini plush bear, fill baby food jars with honey and add a tag that says “Hope you had a SWEET time”, bear shaped cookies or Bear Paws (they are nut free!)
There are endless possibilities for customizing your party to fit your child’s unique personality, so put on your thinking cap and get creative for your child’s next birthday.